Current Job Openings
Director of Movement Partnerships
The Director of Movement Partnerships will lead Communities for Just Schools Fund’s (CJSF) grantmaking strategy development and implementation and take primary responsibility for building and nurturing healthy partnerships with education justice movement organizers - our community partners and others. The Director of Movement Partnerships will manage CJSF’s grantmaking and facilitate network-building efforts with and for our community partners and other movement actors. The Director of Movement Partnerships will work in coordination with other staff to recommend and take action to resource capacity-building efforts for partners, ensure partners’ needs and perspectives are considered and uplifted in network partner spaces, convene learning exchanges responsive to partners’ interests and needs, and build narrative power.
● A demonstrated commitment to advancing intersectional racial justice and equity, building Black/Brown solidarity, and advancing healing and wellness in movement spaces;
● Deep understanding of community organizing praxis and theories of change (including base-building, leadership development, & political education)
● Knowledgeable about the power, needs, and unique challenges faced by youth, educator, and caregiver of color-led organizations and of intergenerational and multi-cultural community organizations.
● Knowledge of and experience with these issue areas addressed by CJSF partners as they relate to racial justice in education: school climate, discipline, and safety; police abolition; culturally relevant-sustaining curriculum and pedagogies; social-emotional learning; queer and indigenous liberation; disability justice; restorative and transformative justice; privatization and disaster capitalism;
● Deep knowledge of the harms of exclusionary discipline and law enforcement referrals from schools and the rationale/imperative for the liberatory education framing and remedies/strategies being elevated by CJSF partners and the education justice movement;
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
● Strong planning, administrative, and organizational skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $95,000 to $115,000 yearly, commensurate with experience, plus a competitive benefits package that includes health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, professional development support and more.
To let us know you’re interested, please send a cover letter and resume as one combined PDF to the Communities for Just Schools Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also cc: ASmith@cjsfund.org. Use the subject line: Director of Movement Partnerships. Position open until filled. No phone calls. please.
See the full job description.